On September 5th, I remarried R.T.Â We had been married for 28 years and divorced for 9 years.Â There are lots of positive things about remarrying my ex-husband.Â Here are thirteen:
1. We have a shared history.
2. RT was my first and only true love. I love the man.
3. The kids don’t have to split up their holidays to accommodate visiting us separately.
4. The grandkids can visit us both at the same time.
5. It’s fun doing things with RT. We laugh a lot when we’re together. He has a funny sense of humor.
6. RT knows me better than anyone else in the world – and loves me anyway.
7. He’s the only person I’d want to grow old with.
8. He makes me feel young – even though he calls me “Grandma Carol” all the time. He loves the way the grandgirls say “Grandma Carol” and he tries to imitate them. It’s endearing . . .well except that in Alaska he referred to me by that name so much that one of the fishing guides started calling me “Grandma Carol” which was pushing it just a little too far!
9. I KNOW he’s as crazy about the grandkids as I am.
10. He’s a “get-it-done” person. The man can get more accomplished in one day than anyone I’ve ever seen. He’s the ultimate multi-tasker.
11. We share the same spiritual/religious background – we both grew up in the same church (United Methodist).
12. We have similar tastes in just about everything – recreation, food, furniture, to name three.
13. He’s still very romantic. I love cuddling with him.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants