On one of my morning blog excursions recently, I came across “Well, Ah Nevah!” at Cozy Reader.Â It’s a meme in which you list thirty things you’ve never done.Â Although I’m sure there are millions of things I have never done, I’m also sure I can’t come up with thirty.Â Â So, I’ll just start and see how far I get. Here goes:
1.Â I’ve NEVER gone sky-diving.Â I almost did one time when I went with a friend who wanted to learn to sky-dive.Â I went through theÂ several hours ofÂ training (for a single jump) with my friend – just as a support – I didn’t plan to sky-dive.Â If I had it to do over again, I would have done a tandem sky-dive that same day.Â My friend did a solo sky-dive that day.
2. I’ve NEVER gone bungee-jumping.Â I think I might enjoy that, too.Â On second thought – nahhhh.
3. I’ve NEVER been arrested – although when I was a child I tried to shoplift something and the store manager told myÂ mother.Â I was mortified and have gone overboard being honest in stores every since then.
4. I’ve NEVER been fired from a job.
5. I’ve NEVER been injured in a car wreck.Â I’ve had several car wrecks, but (knock on wood) no one was ever injured in one of them.
6. I’ve NEVER broken a bone.Â I’ve only had stitches once whenÂ I was hanging clothes in a closet, and theÂ shelf fell and hit my forehead.Â Guess there were too many clothes hanging from that shelf.
7. I’ve NEVER been skinny.Â I guess maybe I was when I was a little girl – and when I was in high school and college (although at the time I thought I was too heavy).Â
8. I’ve NEVER enjoyed having a pet.Â To me, they are just a lot of trouble.Â (Sorry, pet lovers, that doesn’t mean I’m a bad person.Â I am just not a pet person.)
9. I’ve NEVER been a famous author.Â However, it is one of my dreams.Â I’d love to write children’s books and tour schools reading my books to children – and sell lots of them, too.
10. I’ve NEVER been to Europe.Â I’d like to someday – just Italy, Ireland and Scotland and Austria – maybe England.Â Those are the only countries outside the USA I have any interest in visiting at this point in my life.Â
WHEW!Â I think ten is my limit for right now!Â That was more difficult than I thought it would be.Â I don’t think I would have ever come up with thirty things.Â If you decide to try this meme, let me know.Â I’d like to read yours, too.