Seven Things I’m Particularly Thankful For This Weekend
Since I’ve been sick with strep throat the past few days, I’ve realized that there are some things that really make a difference for someone who is sick.Â Here are the things and people that made a positive difference for me this past week:
(1) Penicillin -Â Friday morning I felt like I’d been run over by a truck.Â After spending over an hour in the doctor’s office (They wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to shareÂ my strep germs with everyone else in the waiting room) I finally got a shot of penicillin around 10:30.Â By the time I went to bed Friday night I was feeling noticeably better.Â Miraculous stuff!Â Saturday morning – even better.
(2) RT – He has really pampered me while I’ve been sick.Â He has brought me breakfast in bed the past two mornings,Â Â built a fire in the fireplace andÂ tucked blankets around my feet as I sat in the recliner.Â
(3) Sweet Stuff – Friday afternoon when she found out that I had strep, she called to talk to me and gave me some seriously tenderÂ sympathy.
(4) Sunshine – Who hates getting shots, and upon learning that I got a shot yesterday, she also gave me some seriously tenderÂ sympathy.
(5) Stinkeroo – WhoÂ called each day to check on me and offered to drive me to the doctor and do whatever she could for me.
(6) Ice Cream – It just feels SO good on a sore throat (and tastes good, too)
(7)Â Homemade chicken soup – I made a pot of chicken rice soup yesterday afternoon – and it is SO good.Â Hot, healthful, and hearty.Â RT and I had some for dinner last night and will eat it for lunch and dinner today, too.