THIRTEEN REASONS I LOVE LIVING IN THE USA
(1) Just look at the variety of landscape – mountains, oceans, beaches, rivers, forests, snow, sun.Â There is something for everyone here.
(2)Â If our elected leaders don’t follow our wishes, then we won’t vote for them in the next election.Â
(3)Â Alaska – what a wild, unusual and wonderful frontier
(4) Hawaii – what a gloriously colorful and magical place
(5) The Great Lakes – lakes so big they’re almost like the ocean -Â well, no salt water!
(6) The people who are against the war in Iraq can say so without fear of being arrested or otherwise officially punished in any way for disagreeing with the administration’s actions.Â While I might not agree with the people who protest, they have that right, and that is a positive thing about the USA.
(7)Â We’ve reachedÂ the highestÂ level of human and civil rights of any nation on earth at this moment in time.
(8) We live relatively free from fear.Â
(9) There is NOWHERE in the world where people have as many freedoms and privileges as we have in the USA.
(10) We have a system of capitalism.Â That means that if I want to prosper, I must work for it.Â However, what I earn, I get to keep (minus taxes).Â Except for Welfare cheaters, I’m not working to benefit those who choose to be slackers.
(11) Materially, we have more than our forebears ever dreamed of.Â Unfortunately, we tend to take our bounty for granted.Â
(12)Â I can attend our little Methodist church.Â We have friends who attend a Catholic church.Â Others go to Jewish synogogues, while still others go to a Muslim mosque.Â Still other choose not to worship God at all or even to believe in God.Â And that’s okay with our government.Â It’s our choice.
(13)Â I was born in the USA.Â It is my home.