Seven Things I’m Thankful For This Week
(1) Wednesday evening (Valentine’s Day), RT and I visited our daughter, son-in-law and the grandgirls for a little while.Â We took the girls balloons and valentines and stickers.Â We were only there for about 20 minutes, but it was so much fun.Â It is enormously satisfying to have the girls be so thrilled to see us and to shower us with hugs and kisses and excitement.
(2) We had a snow day on Thursday, and it couldn’t have come at a better time.Â I had so much I needed to do, and the snow day gave me the time to take care of a few non-school related chores.Â As a bonus, it was a total surprise.
(3) I have my PowerPoint presentation finished for the meeting on Monday.Â I’m not nearly as nervous about doing that presentation as I thought I would be.Â Speaking in front of a large group is definitely NOT in my comfort zone.Â However, I also KNOW that one of the things I’ll be thankful for next week is having that presentation behind me.Â It’ll be one of those experiences that is not enjoyable but will be good to have done.
(4) I’m thankful the house is coming along so well.Â The plumbing is almost finished, and the electrician will start next week with the wiring inside the house.Â The electric company should put up the lines next week, too.
(5)Â Â RT gave me a bouquet of beautiful red rosesÂ for Valentine’s Day.Â They’re so pretty – and they smell wonderful.
(6) Tuesday evening we went to the sushi place I mentioned in an earlier post, and it was really good.Â I’m still surprised that I found a type of sushi that I like.
(7) My mother’s birthday is Monday.Â I am so thankful for my mother because she is the rock of our family and an inspiration for my siblings and me.Â I hope to visit her within a few weeks.