Â A weekly meme for giving thanks and/or noting important events in our lives
Sunday Seven – March 17th & 18th
Since this weekend starts off with St. Patrick’s Day, my SUNDAY SEVEN lists seven parts of my heritage for which I am thankful.
(1) I have a little Irish in my background, and I’m thankful for that – along with the German and Scottish and who-knows-what-else.Â
(2) My family has always had an appreciation for music.Â I’m not musically talented.Â However, there are others in my family with phenomenal musical abilities.
(3) My family has always valued education.Â Out of my seven siblings, we all went beyond high school.Â Most of us have a Masters degree in our chosen field.
(4) My family has always stressed integrity over “success.” The true measure of a person is WHO they are inside – not their position in society.
(5)Â My family has always place God first.Â My father was a Methodist minister, and my mother is a minister now.Â The church is an integral part of our lives.
(6) My family values fun.Â When we get together there is always a lot of talking and laughing.Â We have a good time together.
(7) Family is a priority.Â Every single day I thank God for my family – my husband, my children and their spouses, my grandgirls, my mother, my siblings and their families.Â When we all get together we number well above 50Â – and it’s wonderful.