This week I am writing about seven Christmas traditions that I am thankful for:
(1) Christmas stockings - I love planning and shopping for items to go in everyone’s stockings. It’s just fun.
(2) Christmas Tree - There’s nothing more beautiful than a pretty Christmas tree. Everytime I look at our Christmas tree, I like to squint my eyes so that only the lights stand out - and they look softer and beautiful.
(3) Colored lights on the Christmas tree - While all white lights look pretty, there is just nothing more Christmasy than colored lights.
(4) The star that our daughter (now almost 33 years old) used in a pre-school Christmas play 30 years ago. Each year it is the star at the top of our Christmas tree.
(5) And next to that star on top of the tree is the angel our son made in school 25 years ago. So we have a doubly wonderful tree-topper each year.
(6) We have always had the tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve. Everything else has to wait till Christmas Day. It’s always fun selecting the one gift we want to open early.
(7) Christmas caroling…There is absolutely no music more beautiful than Christmas music. “Silent Night” “It Came Upon A Midnight Clear” “O Holy Night” “ Hark the Herald Angels Sing” ”Mary Did You Know?” “Away in a Manger” - along with the more secular “Christmas in Dixie” “I’m Dreaming of a White Christmas” and “Tender Tennessee Christmas”