I enjoy photography, and I hope to get a new camera soon so I can take better photographs when I return to Alaska in September.Â I’m going to take a photography class before then, too. As a matter of fact, while we’re Alaska, we will spend two days with a photography group in Denali.Â Here are THIRTEEN of my favorite photosÂ from the past year.
1. A photo I took last July in Alaska – it’s a sunrise with a dock in the foreground.
2.Â Another Alaskan photo – this is of a flower I saw out on the tunda of Denali.
3. Yet another picture from Alaska – snow-capped mountains and cloudsÂ reflected on Eagle River.
4. Some forsythia blooming early this spring in PawPaw’s yard.Â I like the way it shows up against the sky.Â I had to lie down on the ground and point the camera upwards to get this shot.
5. Some flowers on the land where PawPaw and I will build our house.
6.Â These are roses PawPaw gave me for Valentine’s Day.
7.Â This photo is of a rainbow that appeared for about five minutes during a hailstorm last month.Â That was the day that the tornadoes did so much damage in north Nashville.Â It hailed for awhile, then the sun shone through the clouds for a few minutes, and then the storm resumed.
8.Â The hail I picked up from my yard right before the rainbow (above) appeared.
9.Â Sunset in the countryside outside Nashville.
10. Another shot of forsytia.Â I like this one because of the graceful curve of the branches.
11. The absolute lights of my life!Â Here are Sunshine and Sweet Stuff (my two granddaughters) last summer when IÂ babysat them for a week.Â A great action shot, I think.
12. Flowers again – an unusual looking one from our land.Â They’re called “Sweet Betsy”.
13.Â One last flower photo.Â It’s not in focus very well – but when I get my new camera soon, I should be able to take much better photos.Â I like the delicate blooms of this wildflower.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!Â Â Â Â
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! Itâ€™s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
Sphere: Related Content
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants