RT was talking with a friend last week, and when RT mentioned that he and I are building a new home, the friend said that the best time of his life was when he and his wife were working together to buildÂ their new home.Â That started me thinking, and I realized that now IS the best time of my life.Â Here’s why:
* I’m re-married to RT – my first love.Â We worked hard to get to this point in our relationship.Â It’s wonderful that we see beyond the surface now. Going through a divorce and nine years apart have made us both see what’s important in each other, and we don’t get hung up on the little things anymore.
* RT and I are in the beginning stages of building our dream home on 90 acres of the most beautiful land in Tennessee.Â Â WeÂ studied thousands of house plans untilÂ we picked out the oneÂ we liked best – and then we even made a few changes to make it our absolute dream house.Â Big porches on the front and the back, open living areas, separate his and her walk-in closets in the master bedroom, and a double-office.Â It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity, and we’re looking forward to living there the rest of our lives.
*Â Our daughter – the mother of Sweet Stuff and Sunshine – has grown into such a wonderful adult.Â She works so hard at her job and still makes time for being a loving mother and a regular volunteer at Sweet Stuff’s school.Â And, no matter what is going on, she calls me every single day.
* Our son – he was here just a few hours ago – ready to go deer hunting with RT.Â He’s industrious (runs his own successful business that he started from scratch) loving and funny.Â And, although he doesn’t call me every day, he calls me often enough.Â When I had a little scare not long enough when RT was out of town, he was over here immediately, checking out all the closets and locks.Â He’s a pleasure to be with.
* Sweet Stuff and Sunshine. Those two little girls truly light up my life.Â I call them my GrandGirls.Â The other day when I was riding in the car with them, I made up a little song about them.Â Bless their hearts!Â They loved it and asked me to sing it again and again and again.Â We were laughing and having such a good time together.Â Â I adore them beyond what words can describe.
* I love my job.Â I am making a difference in children’s lives by helping them learn to read.Â I am helping teachers do a better job of teaching reading.
* I work with some wonderful people – not only in my school building but in the school system as well.Â There are four of us reading specialists who are particularly good friends.Â We get together regularly – just to talk, eat and enjoy being friends.
* I have good friends from my single days.Â We meet at least every couple months for dinner and to catch up with each other.
* I’m healthy and happy.Â And really, what more could anyone ask for?